Instagram

Wednesday 5 August 2015

[4D3N Bangkok] P'Aor Tom Yum Noodle, EmQuartier & Purr Cat Cafe


We were faced with some hiccups one week before our trip (jinx or what tskk!), from the changing of dates to the additional amount we need to fork out. Who the hell spends 1K for staying in a boutique hotel and travelling on a low cost carrier to Bangkok?! Nonetheless, lesson learnt, I'm glad that we still managed to make it happen. :)

The itinerary was pretty much relax for the first day as I foresee the both of us being so tired from the early morning flight. After leaving our luggage in the hotel, we travelled to a nearby eatery for lunch. P'Aor Tom Yum Gong Noodle was dabomz! Happen to chance upon them while doing some research on where to eat in Bangkok. Apparently, P'Aor is very popular among the locals, especially on weekends and during lunch time. 

If you have seen a Facebook post on this huge bowl of lobster noodle at Talad Rot Fai Night Market, we are not talking about the same thing. Being so widely shared on the social media, I assume it will be very crowded, especially if it is a new hype there. As I did not set aside enough time for a visit, P'Aor was a perfect option after considering the distance.


Other than lobster, you can also find salmon, eggs, small crabs, squid, clams and Thai rice noodles in this huge bowl of Tom Yum! Their "smallest" portion at 1200Baht (approx. S$50) is just right for sharing among 2 and offer a wide variety of dishes on their Thai-language menu. As much as I want to order more, I think the Tom Yum noodle is more than enough for the both of us. I also noticed only tourist order their lobster Tom Yum Noodles which I conclude that any other item in their menu should be good too. I'm sure to visit them the next time I go Bangkok!






The stall does not have any distinct signboard
You really have to look out for it and the "model" poster outside.
If you are going there by tuktuk or cab, be sure to show them the address instead of just telling them the noodle place. They might just bring you to SabSab Wanton Mee.
 
P'Aor (Pee Aor) Tom Yum Goong Noodles 
Address: 68/51, Soi Phetchaburi Soi 5
68/51 ซอยเพชรบุรี 5 ถนนเพชรบุรี แขวงทุ่งพญาไท เขตราชเทวี กรุงเทพมหานคร 10400, Thailand
Operating Hours: 10am to 9pm
Nearest Station: BTS Ratchathewi 
Direction: Take exit #3 from BTS and walk about 15minutes. Tuktuk or a cab will be more convenient, especially when you are around pratunum/ platinum mall. They might drop you at the entrance of the road, so take a short distance walk into the Soi. Google map will be very useful!


The weather is so humid, but what's new right? The next stop after going to the tailor, we explored The EmQuartier a rather new mall next to BTS Phrom Phong. This mall is quite similar to SIAM Paragon or Central World with even more big brands and nice cafes. It is definitely a place for the rich in Thailand.

I have been eyeing at this mall for the longest, not because of all the branded but 3CE!! Hell yes, 3CE is in Bangkok EmQuartier, also the only store closest to SG. Not only that, 3CE in Bangkok got almost everything in terms of stocks. So happy that I managed to get everything I want! Price after the exchange rate is still slightly cheaper than their online webstore.


Mandatory tourist shot!
I saw Croissant Taiyaki on instagram and learn that it's quite a famous snack in Bangkok too. Since there's one at EmQuartier I intend to give it a shot. We saw a huge crowd standing around the stall waiting even before the queue. My first reaction was, wow, really that pops? I joined the queue like many others and waited patiently. I always like open concept when you can see how the food is prepared.
 




Its not that cheap for snacks in BKK


In the making of cold custard flavour




We queued for about 10minutes and bought ONE when everyone else infront purchase in boxes or a minimum of 3. I regret not buying more cus the cold custard flavour is so delish! Even H who is not a fan of sweet stuff thinks it's good. Croissant Tayaki is crispy on the outside like a many thin layers of flattened puff skin, stuffed with cold custard that melts in your mouth. So Good! *Video on my instagram*

The EmQuartier
Address: Sukhumvit 35, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Operating Hours: 10am to 10pm Daily
Nearest Station: BTS Phrom Phong
Direction:Is located right next to the BTS, opposite Emporium

Cafes are getting more and more popular in recent years, so is a cat or dog cafe. Last year when I was in Bangkok, I did not manage to squeeze time for R&R. I include this in my itinerary this time, especially when me and H both like cats. Heh. Took the BTS again since it's only one stop away.

Sign to Purr Cat Cafe
 

Purr Cat Cafe is located along the road on the left in one of the houses. Like many other cat cafes, hygiene is their top priority. You will need to change a pair of slippers provided by them and get your hand wash before you enter. Entrance is at 200Baht per person unless you order their set menu that comes along with a choice of drink and dessert. There is also no limit to how long you want to stay in their cafe! Compared to the one I went in SG, an entrance fee is determined by the hours of stay and cafe food is charged separately.

Cats there live a very good life which explains their most of the time "like a boss" face. They do not really like cuddling or too much stroking, unlike the one I went in SG where some of the cats will not mind. To get all of them come closer to you, Purr Cat Cafe sells milk for the cat.




A few of them come over to snatch a sip but the poor cat on top right did not manage to get any. So sad.
See how the cat sleeps. HAHA!




The cat that resembles a tiger. My gawd.










 


Food there is quite ok but on the sweeter side. Not sure if we were both tired so everything taste sweet or if it is really sweet. A very nice place to chill out but we got so sleepy after awhile.

Purr Cat Cafe
Address: Sukhumvit 35, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Operating Hours: 10am to 10pm Daily
Nearest Station: BTS Thong Lor
Direction: Exit 1, look backward for Sukhumvit 53 and turn right. Walk all the way in and you should locate them on the left side of the road

Headed back to check-in and rest abit before an impromptu dinner date! Our friends picked us up at the hotel and to somewhere slightly off the city for local food. I have no idea where we were brought to and is not very convenient unless you take a cab. All I can say is, it was a nice experience off the city, dining with many other locals around. :)





Ended our day at about 3am feeling all so tired even after taking a nap before we head out for dinner. I did not even go for a good massage to end my day (its on my daily checklist whenever I'm in Thailand). I will share more of my hotel in the next post. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.รับฝากแมว

    ReplyDelete